One of my favorite books on beauty is "Secrets of Gorgeous" by expert nutritionist Esther Blum. It's a tiny hot pink book that's packed with over 200 amazing tips on everything from skin care to hangover cures. Here are some of my favorite "Secrets of Gorgeous" tips that I think every woman needs to know!
1. Sexy Substitutes
Here is a list of healthy alternatives to common ingredients used in food. In "Secrets of Gorgeous," Esther suggests agave syrup in place of corn syrup. I personally don't like agave syrup and think there are better alternatives, like unfiltered organic honey or brown rice syrup. Nevertheless, these substitutes will allow you to have your cake and eat it too.
• Instead of corn syrup, try agave rice syrup.
• Instead of white flour, try almond flour or coconut flour.
• Instead of milk chocolate, try dark chocolate.
• Instead of cow's milk, try almond milk or rice milk.
• Instead of shortening, try butter.
• Instead of vegetable oil, try grapeseed oil.