Mastering a new skill is always a wonderful feeling, isn't it? Learning to do something fabulous with your beauty routine is even better, don't you think? If you're ready to up your game to something really fantastic, these 25 skills are those you should definitely be adding to your beauty routine. Learn to do these things and life just gets so much better. Thank you to byrdie.co.uk for putting together this list for us.
1. Applying Bronzer without Looking like an Oompa Loompa
In case you need a guide, we’ve got you covered.
Pictured: LORAC Travel Size Tantalizer Baked Bronzer, $8.00 at amazon.com
2. Contouring in a Natural Way
Contouring is an art—learn how to perfect it.
Pictured: City Color Cosmetics Contour Effects Palette, $6.22 at amazon.com
3. Highlighting All the Right Places
For example: above your cheekbones and below your brow bone. Lauren Andersen shows us the step-by-step here!
4. Applying False Eyelashes without Screaming in Frustration
Perhaps one of the greatest feats of all time, we know—but this makeup artist’s tip might just change your life forever.
5. Executing a Perfectly-Flicked Cat Eye
Pictured: Milani Eye Tech Perfection Liquid Eyeliner, $6.97 at amazon.com
6. Creating a Daytime-Appropriate Smoky Eye
Celeb makeup artist Joey Maalouf says you only need—wait for it— three products.
7. Tossing Your Hair into a Cool-Girl Ballerina Bun
Anyone can do a haphazard messy bun—a slightly textured ballerina bun, however, will easily take you from the office to evening.
8. Creating a Smudge-Proof Bold Lip
Hint: lip liner and concealer are involved. Need more cloues? Here’s our handy-dandy guide.
9. Covering Panda-Reminiscent under Eye Bags
Because faking a good night’s rest is one of our specialties.
10. Rocking a No-Makeup Makeup Look as Well as Beyoncé
Okay, getting to Queen Bey’s level might be a stretch, but these tricks will help you get close.
11. Mastering “I Woke up like This” Hair
Because you might as well take advantage of the fact that bedhead is chic, if only for now.
12. Wearing Lip Gloss like an Adult
Because not all shine is bad. Scared you’ll look like a teeny-bopper? Just follow our grown-up guide.
13. Faking a Plump Pout À La Scarlett Johansson
Before you go for the needle, why not consider one of these tricks?
14. Banish a Shiny Face in One Fell Swoop
Here’s what you can do other than blot the shine away.
15. Curl Your Lashes—and Get Them to Stay Curled
Our tip? Heat your eyelash curler before curling—it’s like a DIY perm for your lashes!
16. Staying within the Lines
We know it sounds like a crazy feat, but we’ve got one super-effective tool on our side: Vaseline. Here’s how to use it for a perfect mani every time.
17. Knowing What Foods to Put on Your Face
Pictured: Fage Yogurt, $6.99, jet.com
18. Applying Perfume the Right Way
Or rather, knowing which unlikely spots you’ve been missing all these years.
19. Getting a Streak-Free Faux Glow
First things first: always exfoliate before putting anything with the words “self-tan” on it. If you look down and see streaks, try one of these tricks to even it out.
20. Removing Gel Polish at Home
Our love-hate relationship with gel polish has a simple, pain-free conclusion.
21. Grooming Your Brows Correctly
Trust us—they make all the difference ( proof here).
22. Mastering Beachy Waves
Need help? Use one of these products if you don’t near an ocean.
23. Knowing How to Polish up Your Look in a Pinch
So you’ve been at the beach all day and now have to jet to a fancy dinner (lucky you). Save yourself a trip home and employ these tricks to take your look from beach to street.
Pictured: Mineral Sheer Tint SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer, $22.95, amazon.com
24. Adding Instant Volume when Your Hair Looks Flat
Because everyone deservers to have bombshell volume.
25. Picking the Right Hairbrush
If you’ve been using the same plastic hairbrush since your middle school years, it might be time to consider swapping it for one of these.